7 budget friendly craft hacks

 I love to buy lifestyle things. #Michaels! But, I don’t always want to be spending money on another throw pillow I won’t use. So here are 10 craft hacks to make your own home decor without spending a cent. 

1. Cardboard box bench 

I actually made this one, and it was fun! I took a cardboard box, filled it with trash that didn’t fit in the trash cam (bubble wrap, scrap paper, etc) and covered it in a ratty old sweater. The finished product looked better than you’d expect! 

2. Candles - DIY

Take old wine bottles and stick a candle in the top. So simple, so easy, and so effortlessly classy 

3. Decorative tote bag hack 

My grandma loves pretzels, and so I (of course) asked to borrow the tub when she was done. I covered the outside in all my fabric scraps I wanted to save but took up too much space. The result was a lovely tote or possibly a plant holder! 

4.  Pancake shaper 

You don’t need to buy special pancake molds! Just use a cookie cutter, set it on the hot griddle, and pour the pancake in. The results will be adorable! 

5. Woven Lantern Decor 

Take a bunch of small mason jars and hot glue some brown twine around them completely. Hang them all from another string of twine in your windows, or above your bed. 

6. Stuffed pillows

Take old clothes that don’t fit and hot glue all the body part holes shut except for the neck or torso hole. Stuff it with bubble wrap, and hot glue that hole shut too. 

7. Toothpaste travel hack

Fill a small balloon with toothpaste or hand cream, or body lotion, and tie it shut. Pop it whenever you’d like on your trip! 


I know these are weird, but give them a try! You might like them! 

Comments

  1. Ha! Love them all but the toothpaste balloon- unless you’re planning a messy prank! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I want pics of some of these!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas to do list:

A Socially Awkward Teen

Easiest Slime Recipe