My latest fashion project (and some tips for you!)

 I just finished this cool red poncho that has an intricate neck detail. Instead of doing the traditional over and under hand stitches, I looped the needle to the side of the fabric, went under, and folded the fabric over. The finished result was a cross between a braid and pie crust. I ended up flipping the poncho to the side so that the pretty stitching was in front and the fold went to the side.

Now I’ve started a lavender dress as a prototype for my cousin’s dress, except this one I’m totally keeping. I think my cousin will love the fabric. It’s a silky, luscious fabric that drapes beautifully, and reflects the sun. 

I’m making this dress as sort of a formal ball gown, and have just pinned it on the mannequin. It has a long train in the back to hide the simple a-line and give it a bit more flair. The front is a sweetheart neck line, with cool darts reaching the back. 

Can’t wait to show pictures! Love you all. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas to do list:

A Socially Awkward Teen

Easiest Slime Recipe