Paper home decor - tips and tricks for an environmental house

 If you’re anything like me, you probably have stacks of paper surrounding you right now. Origami paper, collage paper, glitter paper, construction paper, printer paper, all of these are paper types I use daily. 

I am someone who is deeply invested in the environment. I use cruelty free makeup products only, am careful about how much water I use, and for over a year I have been a vegetarian. These are great ways to help the environment. 

But I am guilty of using way too much paper. I am a crafter, after all. The problem however, is that instead of using all of my paper, I often end up throwing some away. That’s trees, people! TREES in the garbage. 

So I’ll try to cut back on my paper use. I’ll try to save more trees. But the thing is, what if I have some paper left over? I obviously can’t throw it away! So I decided to create a post all about paper home decor.

Let me explain about this type of home decor. You can use paper in a number of ways around the house. There are three major bonuses about using paper home decor. 

1. You don’t waste any paper. 

2. You end up with very classy results, from only a sheet of copy paper. 

3. You buy less “regular” home decorations, so you end up saving money. 

By now, you’re probably eager to make some. Here are my top ideas:


Books are also made from paper (duh) and use up trees. Of course, I’d never give up books, but I thought it might be fun to turn books into art. This way you don’t spend more money on fancy artwork, and you give that paper a spot to shine. Try framing your books. Cover the walls of your favorite reading nook or library with your framed books. 

Do you have a special Bible? My parents have a Bible from their wedding, from which they got their vows. Consider tearing out your favorite passages and framing them. Or, if you don’t want to tear things out of your Bible, copy the passages on printer paper and then frame. 
What about your favorite hymns? Copy those out too and frame them. You can simply write out your favorite line (and add some doodles in the background), or you can print out the whole song. 
Here are two Christmas ideas. Use any scraps of paper you have to wrap some presents. Color all over the paper and make it your own. This idea is great if you don’t have whole sheets of paper you want to use, but bits and pieces. I’m going to use this idea next Christmas instead of wrapping paper.
This is my favorite idea. We like to have family over on Christmas Eve to sing carols around the piano. So why not make the area a little more festive, using paper? Make some paper snowflakes and hang them from the doorway with blue ribbon. 

I hope your home is feeling decorated, environmental, and festive. God loves you and so do I! Have a lovely day! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas to do list:

A Socially Awkward Teen

Easiest Slime Recipe